Monday, October 27, 2008

Palin and McCain '08




Thanks to the Republican ticket, I awoke with a start one day realizing who I needed to be for Halloween this year. Sarah Palin wasn't too much of a stretch for me and my costume was free! Okay, except for the campaign buttons and Glade's white hair spray. But seriously, what an easy costume and I think we pulled it off. We went to Kirk and Heidi Tidwell's annual neighborhood party and since I was single this year, Glade (Kirk's brother and my ex-boyfriend - wait, Glade - did our relationship ever get there?) was kind enough to be my date. He blended with all of the married folks quite well and we had a great time playing games (yes, Heidi, I did win the Limbo) and ate delicious food. Happy Halloween to one and all!

11 comments:

Devon Anderson said...

Hilarious! I love that Glade is holding his arm out just like McCain.

lisa louise said...

OH MY.. I LOVE IT, you look awesome. i guess next year you could be tina faye? haha

Unknown said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! how funny is that. You make a perfect Palin.

Sartori Fam said...

That is SO FUNNY! You guys look exactly like them!

Laraine H. said...

Way too good kin! Sounds like you enjoyed yourself also :) Nice easy costume-gotta love those.

gramakaren said...

Pretty great! I'd say you pulled it off... :)

Gancito del Lago said...

Spitting image. Even glade would make a pretty good McCain if he had some bigger jowls.

Azure said...

That is an awesome costume!!! I love it!! How did you manage to limbo in the skirt though? Very talented!!

Damian said...

well done! I'd vote for you.

Randi said...

Funny and perfect, too Kindy! Looks like you had a great time!

Sandra said...

I love your costumes! You do make a perfect Sarah Palin. :)