Monday, August 11, 2008

Salem Days

I know I don't have a picture to go along with this post, but Devon gave me a lecture on updating my blog so I'm feeling I should write something. The good news is, about 30 seconds ago I finally ordered my new camera and so pictures will start to be a part of my postings more regularly. However, I think that I made the cut on other's blogs over the weekend so feel free to link and see if I was blog-worthy or not.

Grandma Anderson turns 85 this month and so we celebrated on Saturday with a family reunion and memories of her life. It was a lot of fun as usual to see cousins, aunts and uncles and to eat scrumptious food. Then we endured the Salem Days pageant to finally witness a great, but too short fireworks display (perhaps it was due to the downpour we sat through to see them). But we had a great time nonetheless.

One of my favorite moments of the weekend was yesterday when my niece Ava came running up to me and asked as serious as could be, "Where is creepy Jaron?" over and over again. I was laughing so hard I couldn't respond. Seems that is his name since she continued to say it the rest of the night. It was good to see Jaron and dad if even for a little while. I have too many family members on the east coast and I wish I could see them more often, but I'm glad we all make efforts to stay in touch.

7 comments:

Laraine H. said...

Sounds like some fun times. I thought about coming down for the Salem Days Pageant, glad I missed it due to the rain. Did I give you my blog address so we can share links dandlhartle.blogspot.com ? I added you to mine, I think Randi may have gotten yours from me.

Devon and Alicia said...

Good Times! Sure loved hanging with you Kin, wish we lived closer to each other. Thanks for being so wonderful! Ava keeps asking for everyone and she still is calling Jaron "Creepy Jaron" no idea why she calls him that. She is a very honest child. :) Can't wait to hang at the TOFW!! Love ya!

Hannah Stevenson said...

It was so great to see you at the Reunion. Can't wait to have a girls night sometime soon...and I agree with Ava, Jaron is creepy. ;)

Andrea said...

Hey stranger!! I just saw your link of Melissa's blog! YAY for getting with the times and starting your own blog!HA
I totally love how you refer to the new hospital as the "death star"--hilarious! You look great!! I hope all is well with you, and keep in touch girl! Love Andrea

Jackie said...

Hey Kindra,
Here is a link to the class of '92 blog. Leave a comment if you are interested in having your blog show up on it. 


http://sfhs1992.blogspot.com/



Hope to hear from you soon!

octopusofthesea said...

Yes, jaron is soooo creepy.
Also, if you do not update this a little more frequently you will lose readership faster than you can say,
"your mommy told me i'm supposed to give you a ride home and the password is rainbow."

Amy said...

Kindy-
The best part of blogging is knowing that you are being stalked by old friends like me! Glad to know I can check in! Do you mind if I link your blog? It was good to see you in SLC...I'm still trying to get my money back!