Saturday, August 2, 2008

Welcome to my blog


After much thought and consideration (and urging from my mom and friends) I have decided to finally join the blogging world. I seriously doubt my ability to update often since I feel my life is not very blog-worthy (no kids or husband as of yet). But co-bloggers assure me I will start to find things to blog about.


Unfortunately, I do not have a camera presently to put up some pictures of my latest adventure with the girlfriends this weekend. But perhaps they will post the ones we took and maybe you can link to their blogs. However, I did win the biggest prize at IHC in a random drawing and will be able to get a new camera soon with my $800 Dell gift certificate! Yeah! So stay tuned - once I figure out my new camera I'm sure I'll have loads of pictures to share.


So back to my adventure. For years now my high school girlfriends, Laraine, Charlyn and Shellie have been talking about doing a girls' weekend but it never happened. This year we finally planned a weekend and I booked the hotel. We just went to Park City and I was so excited about our room because the pictures online were so amazing! Well, we met on Main Street, ate lunch, and then went to check in after wandering the art festival booths for awhile. After we checked in, we went to our room where we found the most disturbing sight of our lives. The couch literally had tears in the fabric and the love seat which probably used to be a white and green gingham was so filthy we didn't dare touch it. The carpet was stained and there were dark lines of something (we think mold) going down the walls. The decor from 1987 included wood carved bunny rabbits and a rocking horse. The TV was probably a 17" and had wires coming out of it from all directions. We were so disgusted that we asked for another room (but not before we took pictures of the evidence). There were no other rooms because it happened to be the weekend of the Kimball Arts Festival. We were teased with another room that was incredible and the front desk guy told us we could have it, but his supervisor nixed that idea and said it was owned by a company that only used it for it's employees. So we found out the hard way that the Silver King Hotel was actually a bunch of condos owned by individuals and so you never really knew what you were going to get. Well, we got a dang good laugh but then ended up staying in Salt Lake City because everything in Park City was booked.


On our way to SLC, we witnessed a car fly off the road and roll over. I dutifully stopped and went to check out the accident with some other witnesses, but the single passenger got out of the car seemingly unharmed. So after a few minutes of assessing the situation, I decided I wasn't needed and we continued down the road. By now it was 9:00pm and we were hungry. Not 2 miles from the accident that we saw, the highway went down to one lane. Of course there was absolutely no construction going on at that hour, but we were held up anyway because that's what UDOT does to Utah drivers all summer long. We finally got to a restaurant 15 minutes before they closed and ate some yummy food (happily, there is no story there). We stayed up until 2am talking and laughing about our crazy day and then did some shopping today. I just got back and have to say how much I love my friends. It's been 16 years since we graduated high school and I'm so glad that we are still so close. We lead very different lives as I'm still not a mom, but I enjoy hearing about their kids and I try to share stories about my nieces and nephews so I can fit in :).


So in this first posting for my blog, let me just say how grateful I am for a wonderful family and amazing friends. All of whom I feel blessed to have in my life and thank you for sharing yours with me.

11 comments:

gramakaren said...

I LOVE it!!! This is sooo fun! Now we just need to get your sister and "other brothers" on board. :)

What a fun account of your weekend with your friends. You really have been blessed with incredible, loyal friends through the years.

I look forward to more!

Sartori Fam said...

I love the blog! Your pic is as gorgeous as ever. By the way, I think I got the job in the pool and will be starting on the 25th!

Damian said...

Yeah for Kindy! We're so excited to be able to keep up with what's going on with you now! Keep the posts coming and go get your camera!!

Devon and Alicia said...

You are going to love this blogging thing. I am excited for furture posts, you started out with a great one! Can't wait to see you this weekend!
P.S. I love your earrings in your picture!

Kristen said...

So glad you are blogging. It sounds like your girls weekend was fun and exciting. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Hannah Stevenson said...

YIPEE!!!

I'm so glad you are blogging! Thanks for letting me know. I'm adding you to the blogroll. You can add me too if you want. www.jeffandhannahplustwo.blogspot.com
Love you and CAN'T WAIT to see you next weekend!

Unknown said...

Yeah Kin!!! This weekend was so much fun. You girls do my heart good. I'll chalk it up to another great memory. You're going to love this bloggin business. I'll add you to my blog list. Our blog is www.theplumbersfamily.blogspot.com

Love ya!!

Carrie said...

Finally!!!! I'm so glad you decided to join the blogging world :)

Laraine H. said...

Good Job Kin, I knew you'd trust your friends about this blogging stuff and jump on board. What a weekend HUH? Love your detailed story-Hilarious memory for sure.
dandlhartle.blogspot.com
Im adding you to our list.

Randi said...

Kindy!! Welcome to the world of blogging! Here's ours: http://davesgolffoursome.blogspot.com/ I added you to ours. Hope all is well with you! LOVE the girls' adventure!

Cnbztribe said...

Love the blog, Kindy! It was fun to see and visit with you at the reunion.
-Britta