Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Basements and Flooding



So yesterday I worked all day and then came home to a flooded basement. Awesome. At first I just thought I could ignore it and eventually it would dry. Besides, I never go downstairs to hang out anyway and I hadn't remodeled that room yet so what was the big deal? Well something told me this was a bigger deal than I wanted to accept so I called my neighbor. We pulled up the carpet and my pad was soaked. He said if I had left it mold and mildew would grow and I would get sick. Sheesh! So it's a good thing I called for help. We had to get two more men to help haul out the carpet because it was so heavy. It's still drying in my driveway and the pad was thrown out. Being a single homeowner can be challenging, but at least there are people around me who know what to do and are very willing to help me out!

4 comments:

Devon and Alicia said...

That is just aweful! I am sure glad you have wonderful neighbors. If you need help with anything please don't hesitate to call.

Damian said...

Less Jealous now. That sucks. I've always said the one thing I miss most about Utah is basements. (Oh, and family is a very close second.)

Randi said...

Good times Kind! Hope everything is cleaned up and ok now. I hate basements too for that very reason. We just finished ours, now I'm paranoid it's going to flood all the time.

octopusofthesea said...

what a mess! oh, kin, I'm so sorry that happened to you! But at least you're blessed with good neighbors who are willing to help out. Not many people are that fortunate!