Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Time Out For Women


A couple of weekends ago this month I went to Time Out For Women with my mom, her friend Pam, sister Tressa, sister-in-law Alicia, and Alicia's sisters and mom. We had a super fun time - I felt inspired, uplifted, and centered after attending. Sharon Larsen, Mary Ellen Edmunds, and James Ferrell were among some of my favorites. Aside from the speakers, we also had some funny experiences that as Alicia mentioned on her blog, you had to be there to appreciate. But let's just say that IHOP and I have never had a great relationship and after this trip, my disgust has been solidified forever. But thanks to the conference, I've learned to just 'let it go.' Sorry, that's another inside joke for our group.






3 comments:

gramakaren said...

Actually I've had a pretty great relationship with the IHOP in Springville. But the mishaps and delays the night we went to the Logan IHOP were so incredulous, that it actually makes for one of the most memorable restaurant events of MY life... It was just so sad that Tressa had to starve - the rest of just just had to wait, and wait, and wait... But we walked out of the restaurant with fat wallets! :)

I also VERY much enjoyed the entire TOFW event and sharing the weekend with such neat ladies...

Devon and Alicia said...

Good Times! I have told myself to "let it go" several times since then. I have to say it doesn't always work, but I will keep working on it. :) Excited for this weekend!!

octopusofthesea said...

I LOVE these kinds of inside joke posts! Remember when you gave a sideways glance to that cactus, looked at your watch and said out of the corner of your mouth, "well, I guess that about answers it!" HAAAAA!!! No really, too fun. Too fun.