Monday, September 8, 2008

Before and After

I have been in my home now for 2 years this month. A LOT of hard work and love has gone into transforming this home into something more modern and more ME. Thank you to all of the friends and family who helped me steam and strip wallpaper from EVERY wall of the house, texture walls, paint, patch, and on and on. I'm finally done with most of the rooms upstairs, but these are the three I love the most. Entertaining company is super fun for me so please come and visit! I have a spare bedroom and bathroom - much more affordable than a hotel room!
















BEFORE and AFTER of the master bedroom





























BEFORE and AFTER of the formal dining room





























BEFORE (actually during) and AFTER of the living room

9 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW kin...that is amazing. I always thought Laraine was the Martha. Look at you! Beautiful home. I need to come see in person! There are lots of homes in Salina that need your love!!

gramakaren said...

Very nice!! You're right, it HAS been a labor of love. It's definitely a Kindy home now. Pretty gorgeous... :)

Devon Anderson said...

You got a camera! Hooray! I do love your house, it is beautiful. I would love to come and stay in your guest bedroom, so let's make a date.

Damian said...

looks FABULOUS! I love the color on your bedroom walls. And we will definitely take you up on the "guest room" offer sometime. No kids allowed, right??

Randi said...

Looks amazing! We've been in our house five years and I haven't accomplished half of what you have done in two years!

octopusofthesea said...

I wonder which half of damian and amy left that comment. ooooh!

but really, that looks s'fun! good job!

Also! good job on posting something. Hopefully with your new camera you can be as prolific as the other two siblings and their wifesses.

Laraine H. said...

I love it Kin. I think you have moderned that house right up. Don't tell me you don't have the "knack" because you do. I want to try a lunch date, my kids are in school....any day you have off coming up?

Hannah Stevenson said...

Seriously AMAZING Kindy! I can't wait to see it in person.

Jackie said...

Hey Kindy,
I just wanted to let you know that I added your blog to the sf class of '92 blog.

I really love what you have done to your house. It looks incredible. What did you do to your dining room walls?