Thursday, November 20, 2008

NKOTB - I'LL BE LOVING YOU FOREVER!


For those of you who knew me 20 years ago, you might remember that I had a little thing for the New Kids on the Block. I had a special crush on Jordan Knight and my room was covered with their posters. Laraine, Heather and I slept out on the sidewalk at Smith's to get tickets to their first concert in 1989. We were complete martyrs for them as we were mocked by the boys at school. But we were true fans and on November 15th, all of that dedication paid off as we were serenaded to once again by those hotties. And yes, they still have "The Right Stuff". I think Joey's held his looks the best so he's my new crush. Although when Jordan sang to me with his shirt unbuttoned I thought my heart skipped a beat or two. But they all sang and danced until we were weak in the knees! We screamed until we had nothing left and then screamed some more. It was truly the most fun I've ever had at a concert. Laraine and Heather, keep "Hangin' Tough"! Joey, I'll always be your "Cover Girl" and Jordan, "I'll Be Loving You Forever" as well. Call me! I'm legal now!



















10 comments:

Kristen said...

Something I didn't know about you. My sister went with her friend in Kansas City. Maybe I was just too young to get into their music :) See you soon!

Devon and Alicia said...

I think it is great that you are so open about it. I hope we have just as much fun at Neil!

Amy said...

i'm so jealous!! I was always a Joey fan. Good to see that you've joined us...

Darren and Jody said...

Kindra,

I don't know if you got my last comment but I can't find your phone #. I used to love NKOTB I had their tape.
Love ya
Jody

p.s. Is that your boyfriend?

Tricia said...

I am Kristen's sister and I wasn't really into NKOTB "back in the day" either but I went with one of my best girlfriends to the concert in KC. It was FANTASTIC!!! I might even download a few songs to my ipod. I am glad you made great memories again with your friends. Here are a couple clips of our night. www.thedolezalfamily.blogspot.com

Laraine H. said...

Kin,
We won't match that much fun for a long time.
Oooh, the white blowing shirt and screaming - I can't wait to go again! (whenever that is)

Greg and Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg and Heather said...

Thanks for thinking of me! I had a BLAST! Let's do it again...only if there's not a lady next to me taking up my dancin' space. :)

Hannah Stevenson said...

Oh my goodness Kindy! This brings back memories. Didn't you have piece of one of their towels or something?

Dave said...

See, Randi. At least Kindy is not afraid to publicly express her love for NKOTB. Be strong and use her expample...you can do it...