Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas '08

Cute grandma and grandpa Anderson joined us for Christmas Eve this year...They are always so fun.





For the past 7 years or so my family has all contributed to a book that my mom puts together for all of us to read on Christmas Eve. We each sum up our year and include pictures depicting our experiences. This year was no exception. We got our books and proceeded to read. I have never been able to read the entire book ever. I get distracted with games (see our Monopoly picture) or other fun Christmas Eve activities and then just never get back to it. My intentions were always good, but I never completely finished a volume. Gregan was at my house helping me wrap gifts one night and asked me point blank if I have read everyone's stories every year. I have never been a good liar and sheepishly admitted that I haven't. For some reason this question came up again on Christmas Eve, but was directed toward everyone. I didn't want to admit it again and kept quiet, but Gregan kindly shared my secret and I was shamed into reading the entire book this year and even started on the '07 volume. There is a picture of me reading and that is the reason I posted it - for evidence that yes, family, I read all of your silly stories and they were worth it. Maybe I'll catch up on the past years when I should be reading my scriptures every night. We also had our traditional Christmas Eve program with singing, piano playing and lucky us - Jaron's joke-telling this year. Notice his attire. Never a disappointment. As for Kryn and Ava's picture, I just loved it.













No comments: