Monday, January 12, 2009

Aubrey and Me


On a whim, Aubrey Bloom moved in with me in November to try out Utah. She is from Arizona and worked from home. We had a mutual friend, Calli Savage, who connected us. She had originally thought she would stay until Christmas and then move back, but she found herself really liking her living situation and we were becoming good friends as well. So she had decided to stay indefinitely and had even told her company about it. They were supportive and all was well. Tragically, while Aubrey was home for the holidays, her mother suffered a heart attack on Christmas night and her family decided to take her off of life support 3 days later. Aubrey had to stay in Arizona to take care of her mother's home and things. She was very disappointed that we could not live together anymore as was I. But my heart and prayers go out to her and her loved ones while they deal with this sudden loss. She was very close to her mother and I know this has been an incredibly difficult time. I can only imagine if I lost my own mother right now at this young age how indescribably painful that would be for me. Thankfully, both of my parents are still in good health and I hope to have them around for many more years. But Aubrey's experience has reminded me that life is short and unpredictable and I need to nourish my relationships as often as possible. Aubrey, I will miss your zest for life, your cooking, your wit and our friendship. I hope to see her again soon.

1 comment:

gramakaren said...

I am so sorry for what Aubrey is going through right now. Some things are just plain tough... I'm glad for the time you were able to be room-mates.